• Established in 1920, Immaculata University is a private, co-educational, Roman Catholic university founded by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
• The school is located in Immaculata, Pennsylvania, about 20 miles (32 km) west of Philadelphia.
• The university is affiliated with the Roman Catholic Church through the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, and there is a religious emphasis on campus.
• The area of the college campus is spread over a vast 375 acres.
• The campus is composed of 1,100 traditional undergraduate students, more than 2,200 adult undergraduate students, and more than 1,200 graduate and doctoral students.
• IU's programs are always up to industry standards that blend with the traditional Christian wisdom of personal and professional growth for all the students.
• The college has more than 60 fields of study on offer which includes majors, minors as well as pre-professional certificates.
• The college also offers online career development programs for the students.
- The Honors Program is a 21-credit, three-level program that targets the most intellectual crowd of the university.
- There are also 19 national honor societies represented on campus. These societies draw a huge number of followers and are acclaimed all over the universities arena of the US.
• As there are a huge number of students studying on campus, you will also find more than 50 clubs and organizations for the students that look after religious, personal and professional development along with development of leadership and global awareness.
- The university sports teams are known as the Mighty Macs. Their official colors are blue and white.
- Immaculata is part of the Colonial States Athletic Conference.
- Immaculata sponsors nineteen athletic teams which include ten teams for women and 9 teams for men.
- The Men's Basketball Team won the CSAC Championship in 2008.
- Women won the first three national championships (1972-74) under the banner of the Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women (AIAW), which was founded in 1971 and governed women's intercollegiate sports until they were absorbed by the NCAA in the early '80s.
- The Immaculata Mighty Macs were crowned national champions at three consecutive AIAW basketball tournaments, from 1972 to 1974.
- The Mighty Macs were featured on a Sports Center special on March 23, 2008.
- The story of the basketball team was adapted into a movie, The Mighty Macs, which was released in 2011.
Here is a link to Immaculata University's homepage.
Here is a link to their fashion department.
Use our quick school search guide to find your school:
Wayne State Univ is in Detroit, Michigan. They have a bachelor of arts degree program in Apparel Design and Fashion Merchandising. The Fashion Merchandising tract pursues training in the buying and selling of apparel. Students can study fabrics, basic drawing, fibers, sewing, tailoring, draping, retail management, marketing and general business. The apparel design curriculum concentrates on the creative and practical aspects of designing and manufacturing clothing.
Texas Tech Univ has a Bachelor of Science in Apparel Design and Manufacturing. This series of coursework emphasizes learning technical skills, fostering creativity, understanding textiles, learning apparel product management, studying mass production techniques and designing custom work for individuals.
Smith is a women-only private liberal arts university in Northampton, Massachusetts. Like most colleges, Smith does not offer an actual degree in fashion, but ambitious students can take a variety of art and business courses, and combine that with study abroad programs in Paris, to put together a solid education background.
Good Choices to study fashion design.
Search for a program has a list of universities and colleges by state.
Clothing retailing for merchandising classes and degrees.
Marketing Degrees where you can learn the marketing facet of fashion.
Copyright © 2016 www.FashionDesignSchoolsOnline.com All Rights Reserved.